CD key but no cd to play :(

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Jay05, Apr 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jay05

Jay05 Regular member

I bought two games: Warcraft III and Warcraft III: Frozen Throne awhile ago. I lost the CD for Warcraft III: Frozen Throne but I still have the CD key written down on my computer in a txt file. My problem is...how can I play it without the cd??? Should I contact blizzard??? (I'm not doing anything illegal...i just want to play the game again!~)

2. Indochine

Indochine Regular member

Hmmm. If I lost my car, but I still had the key, does that mean Daimler Chrysler should give me another one free of charge? I think Blizzard might say "Buy it again".

3. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Well, you could always try it.. Blizzard may be getting into the easter spirit.. (if there is such a thing) lol.

Or, you could borrow someone's disks and then "back them up" with a program such as BlindWrite by VSO (ConvertXtoDVD people) - which is perfectly legal.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2007
  4. Jay05

Jay05 Regular member

I know it's illegal to download the game via torrents but would it be in this case? I mean I have a legit cd key that I purchased awhile ago... I just lost the CD...

I might just look for someone that has the game and back it up to my pc.

5. Indochine

Indochine Regular member

This is not the place to ask for moral guidance. I don't think anybody, for a number of reasons, is going to say on here "It's OK for you to download it via torrents", whatever we might think privately. It's for you to decide. As you say, you did pay for it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.