Cheapest Divx and best player?

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by NuRon, Jan 22, 2007.

1. NuRon

NuRon Member

Hey all, I know that it's hard to get the best of both worlds but who knows, there might be one that you all know about. I think the resume feature is pretty important for me and I saw someone mention a Magnavox that could do that, which the popular Philips couldn't. Also, could I just throw avi files (700-ish MB) on a disc and play it? That's how it works or does it have to be converted to Divx first? Thanks :0 =)

2. elliott

elliott Regular member

I have the toshiba sd4990 and the latest phillips forget the model number but it's ultra certified and yes you can just back up a divx/xvid file to a disc and throw it in and play it. I like both players for different reasons but niether as I recall could do auto resume I could pause them and rewind and skip chapters if they were present but beyond that don't think it could do like a dvd to resume where I left off. The toshiba had great picture enhancements but the phillips has been much better at handling playback no skips or pauses and very crisp picture but I love them equally it's iike having a male child and a female child ...oh well

3. kaledrr

kaledrr Member

4. l3luey

l3luey Member

Look out at your local Lidl's if you have one for a silvercrest KH6511. £29.99 plays all but also has USB and card reader, the USB says 512mb but a 2GB stick formated FAT/FAT32 works fine.