Chinese imitation ipads

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by TodStarrr, Sep 17, 2010.

1. TodStarrr

TodStarrr Guest

Just checked out a Chinese imitation ipad – they call it the apad apparently. While it was priced cheaply (under US $200) and operate on the goggle android operating system, I was a bit annoyed at some features. My tablet only came with 2GB of memory - not much really. Nowhere did it state I needed to buy a TF or SD card to expand memory. Also, operating them can take getting used to, but once you get the hang of it, you begin to understand it’s logic ;) For others who want to buy something of the sort – a cheap mobile internet device – I suggest you check if there is a camera. Some retailers sell ones with user facing cameras for only a couple of bucks more. And don’t worry - they do actually work!

2. Ripper

Ripper Active member

I'll be honest, you're not really selling it very well. I think where you went wrong was starting out with "Chinese imitation ipad".

3. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

I live in australia and heaps of stuff is imported from china.rather buy an official brand when it comes to electronics or something made in japan.

4. KillerBug

KillerBug Active member

Just an FYI...the unit described here does sound like a cheap imitation of an iPad, but the iPad itself it just a cheap imitation of the original "thin tablets" that chinese companies have been making for years. There are VERY nice chinese tablet devices available...the only reason they don't come to the states very often is because it was generally agreed that no one would ever be stupid enough to pay $400 for a tablet PC...and even today, they know that they still can't sell them because people would never pay even $350 for the iPad if it were not for the apple logo on the back.