chip that plays xbox live

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by shaggy15, Jul 4, 2004.

1. shaggy15

shaggy15 Member

Hi, i have a xbox and i got it chipped. Because of the chip, now i can't play xbox live. Is there anyway to take the chip out and put in a chip that is compatible with xbox live??? I really want to play online!!

2. clarky

clarky Regular member

I have an aladdin advance and that allows online play. It just means that you have to deactivate your chip to go on to xbox live through the MS dash, and this means that you can only play your original games when online.

There are many chips that allow online play just have a look around.

3. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

You CAN'T play online with ANY chip enabled becuase the Xbox Live servers detect a modifaction to your box and ban your eeprom (Xbox's unique ID, its a file on the HDD)

4. clarky

clarky Regular member

I think what he is asking is what chips have the function to be turned off. ie: aladdin advance. Simply push the on button for no chip and hold for the chip to be activated.

5. shaggy15

shaggy15 Member

Hi, now that i know that there is a chip that can turn off whenever i want and play online. I need to where can i get this chip installed in Niagara Falls, Ontario. And i also need to know where i can get my old chip removed from.

6. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

I don't know where you can get it done in canada but, i believe http://modchipman.ca or http://modchipman.com can, there "Removal of your old modchip" is $10 but, it looks like its only PS2 chips, e-mail them and ask if they can do it on your xbox as well, i know they can install chips for you.

7. shaggy15

shaggy15 Member

hi, do u know the name of the chip that only plays pirated games and original games, because that is the chip i have. My chip only plays pirated and original games, it does nothing else. Can you please tell me the name of that chip.

8. clarky

clarky Regular member

^^^^

Oh yeah that one...

Sorry but there is no way we can know what chip you have, from the information you have given.

9. shaggy15

shaggy15 Member

Hi, thanks anyways for trying. 1 thing, do u know any shops that install mod chips, like any shop names or franchises other than modchipman, because modchipman tells me to send my xbox and i dont want to send my xbox. I want to know a shop where i can take it to and get it chipped and then come back to pick it up.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]thanks[/small]

Last edited: Jul 5, 2004