CLASS NOT REGISTERED?? HELP JVC EVERIO

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by oraider18, May 20, 2006.

1. oraider18

oraider18 Member

First of all I had a bunch of problems with the cyberlink crap software that was provided with this JVC GZ-MG20U camcorder. When I finally got it all to work properly,After doing all the steps in trying to back it up on to the pc and even just trying to burn my recordings straight from the cam to a dvd, it does everything then in power producer 2 gold ne when i click on burn it goes to the burn screen then a few seconds later it spits out my dvd and reads,"COULD NOT COMPLETE TASK BECAUSE:CLASS NOT REGISTERED"! What the hell does that mean PLEASE HELP!! THANKS!!

2. snorth

snorth Guest

Wish I could help you. Had exactly the same problem word for word.Have contacted cyberlink support. If I dont die B4 I get a reply and it solves the problem I will post it. In the meantime I have46GB of rubbish on my hard disk drive

3. oraider18

oraider18 Member

Yeah, I hear you do not bother with Cyberlink they will not ever respond, in fact I really feel they are not even a production company they just sell out dated software!!Anyway I just drop and drag and use Sonic to burn my DVD's now after i use that Cyberlink S*** to produce it.If you need help doing that reply to this and i will help you out!!(snorth)

4. behrad

behrad Regular member

Hey I helping a mate with this camera and software combination.
    I have a question:
    Does it take you guys ages to transfer those pesky little .MOD files from the camera to the PC. I have USB2 on my PC but it still takes a damn long time for the media clips to be transported to the Powerproducer program before you could do anything at all!!!

5. oraider18

oraider18 Member

Yeah,I guess it takes an unusual amount of time for how new it is, but then again I do not think I have really sat and waited. How long does it take for you??

6. behrad

behrad Regular member

I know it took over an hour, maybe close to 90 minutes to transfer the contents of one of the Video footage files that are created.

I am not totaly impressed with this new tapeless video camera setup.

Why could they not just get the camera to record in MPEG2 ( or even MPEG 4) that would have made life so much easier.

Also, I am not crazy about these two programs namely: Powerdirector and power producer. They look very flimsy and not very feature rich.
    I wonder if I can use my Sony Vegas to transfer and edit the program. Does anyone know if Vegas will be able to transfer and read these .MOD files that the camera produces?

7. oraider18

oraider18 Member

I know, all that Cyberlink software that is provided with the camera is pretty much worthless!! You should probably be able to use a different program to produce it, you can also change to MPEG too.

8. TPFKAS

TPFKAS Regular member

Hey guys,
    There is absolutely no need to use Cyberlink or any other video editing program to transfer the video to your PC. Connect the cam on a USB port and it should turn up as an external hard drive. You can then simply drag and drop the files to your PC hard drive. The files have extension .MOD but they are actually just MPEG2 files. Simply change the extension to .MPG

9. behrad

behrad Regular member

is that right?
    Here I was wishing that the camera would just record as mpegII files!
    I should have wished for something else :)

Thanks TPFKAS I cant wait to try it.
    Do you know if once I rename the files, can I just open them in Vegas?

Any ideas why it transferes so slowly?

10. TPFKAS

TPFKAS Regular member

I have never used Vegas, but I understood that it can import MPEG files, so there should be no problem. I'm not sure if the audio portion will come through correctly though.

11. behrad

behrad Regular member

Ok I will try it and let this thread know. I did not get a chance to do anything with this weekend though :)

12. stclares

stclares Member

I have just bought an MG21/EK camcorder.
    I have made a short video, downloaded to my PC converted using the supplied software and burnt a DVD, no problems at all.
    I am not sure if you can download via USB1, I have USB2. the download speed is fixed at 480Mbps USB1 12Mbps. My download speed appeared reasonable to me.
    I have read on an other forum that the quality of the video is poor. You do get what you pay for, you are not going to get professional quality on this type of camcorder. I an very happy I paid just under £300 for my Camcorder
    I have no experience of tape or disc camcorders but, with these do you not have to download to a PC in real time?
    The software provided is a cut down version of PowerDirector but as a first effort at editing, my video was perfectly acceptable to me.
    I have found the ease of downloading to my PC