college hoops 2k6 problem

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by smacko, Nov 29, 2005.

1. smacko

smacko Regular member

anyone know what files to delete to make this fit to a regular dvd. thanks

2. gibbo82

gibbo82 Member

I too have this problem. What files do I need to delete and how do I go about deleting them. Thanks.

3. kbritz

kbritz Member

This one looks tricky, there's no folders to go thru, just 16 files total (2 being: dashupdate.xbe & update.xbe, which can be deleted)

But it's still too large to burn onto DVD, 4.59GB after creating an ISO. Probably gonna need to run a compressor, like on "ESPN NFL 2K5"?

Last edited: Dec 2, 2005
  4. gibbo82

gibbo82 Member

I just did a search for 'compressor' and nothing having to do with video games came up. What do I need and how do I do it? Thanks for the reply.

5. smacko

smacko Regular member

anyone know how to compress the files

6. unchris55

unchris55 Regular member

i too would like to know if anyone does know its a dvd-9 if that helps anyone thanx again for listening

7. kbritz

kbritz Member

I was hoping someone would find a fix for this game so we can burn it onto DVD by now, so what I did was remove each file, one by one to see what effect it had on the game, like I said before there are 16 files for this game (0-9, A-C & the 3 xbe's) Here is what I found:

0 (64.0kb) = game won't load

1 (336.6mb) = game goes to black screen where the menu should be

2 (301.7mb) = removes menu music (2K Beats), the crowd becomes invisable & all the players look like they are wearing white long sleeve turtlenecks with white gloves

3 (301.7mb) = game won't load

4 (287.5mb) = ? (I didn't notice any effects of removing this file during gameplay)

5 (301.7mb) = game freezes after the starting lineup

6 (269.6mb) = ? (I didn't notice any effects of removing this file during gameplay)

7 (296.7mb) = ? (I didn't notice any effects of removing this file during gameplay)

8 (1.1gb) = removes the pep-band during game play

9 (128.9mb) = removes play-by-play announcers

A (1.1gb) = the home team jerseys are missing the names & numbers

B (283.7mb) = game freezes at opening license screen

C (58.8mb) = ? (No effects, but it's too small of a file to remove anyway)

dashupdate.xbe = need file to play

default.xbe = xbox live

update.xbe = xbox live

---------------------------------------------------------------------

It looks like you can remove 1 of the following files (4,6 or 7) to allow this game to burn onto a DVD.

If some wants to do any further testing, try to figure out what happens when you remove 4,6,7 or C... I only tried quick games, I didn't try any advanced settings/gameplays. I'm sure something might effect instant replay, touraments, seasons, custom schools/players, etc.

Please post your results...

8. gibbo82

gibbo82 Member

Thank you very much for the post. How do you go about deleting these files? Is there a guide on how to select which files to delete? Thanks again.

9. kbritz

kbritz Member

It all depends, did you download this game? Is it in an ISO format? I just get the actual games, I open my XBMC & transfer the files onto my harddrive, so I can delete them from my XBMC or I can delete them on my PC after I FTP the files to my computer.

10. smacko

smacko Regular member

so has anyone figured out what if anything deleting 4,6,or 7 does

11. gibbo82

gibbo82 Member

I dont know if I am doing it right, but I tried removing the two Live files, as well as file 4. The game didn't load. At the dashboard screen, it shows the disc as unknown. So I am thinking that removing that doesn't work.

And now I just tried removing file 6 along with the two Live files and again the disc isn't recognised. So I'm thinking that removing files isn't going to work for me. But please let me know how you guys are deleting files. What I did was put the game on my computer through qwix. Then I 'extracted' the iso with qwix so that all 16 files were in one folder. Then I created an iso using the files minus what was taken out and burned to a disc.

If this is completely off please let me know. Thanks.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2005
  12. unchris55

unchris55 Regular member

i used qwix to extract the files and deleted 6 and the live files and i haven't had any problems. i simed a season on legacy and the recruiting work and everything has worked fine so try again to delete 6

13. unchris55

unchris55 Regular member

just wondering is anyone elses game kinded slow during the recruiting like it pause for just a second and goes on it didn't do it at first but i have play about six games in legacy and it has started to do it maybe something to do with erasing file six

14. gibbo82

gibbo82 Member

I will try to delete the 6 file and try it again. After you extract the files, you delete 6 and the live files, then you just create iso using the folder with the remaining files, right? Thanks.

15. unchris55

unchris55 Regular member

yeah i have played for days now with no problem

16. lemalade

lemalade Member

Help...I have the exact same pb than gibbo82...My xbox doesnt recognize my disc!!!Disc unknown!!!I used qwix to load the iso.I erased file 6 and the 2 live files.Then i created an iso with qwix again,but my xbox doesn´t recognize the disc...I use DVD Decrypter...Can it be that i burn to fast (4x)??? Dont think that that´s the pb,but u never know...HELP me please
    THX

17. gibbo82

gibbo82 Member

Yeah, still having the same problem. I keep trying to delete those files and it still doesn't recognize the disc. Any suggestions would be awesome.

18. unchris55

unchris55 Regular member

i burnt it with nero 6 and i haven't had a problem i have play though two seasons and it freezes for a second but no big problems i'll look and see what i can do

19. lemalade

lemalade Member

so, i finally managed to get it...
    I looked at some other forums and after that, i deleted file 6 and dashupdate.xbe...And now,it works fine...(with DVD Decrypter)
    so u don't need dashupdate.xbe to play the game...
    Just delete these 2 files and enjoy it

20. gibbo82

gibbo82 Member

I just tried it again and it worked. I think the difference was burning it with Decrypter on a slow burn. Thanks for all the help.