computer help

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by 4plates, Apr 30, 2005.

1. 4plates

4plates Member

i have a new dell comp and use IE as my browser but im having problems getting pages to load. on this site i have no problem viewing anything but if i click a hyperlink that one of you all have added i get a new screen that never loads,it just stays blank.i have everything set to defualt in my security settings and even put it on low. its been driving me nuts for 2 months,help if you can.thanks

2. deezp1

deezp1 Regular member

First of IE is not very secure and you could have been infected with a virus or spyware. Sometimes if you are extremely infected, your browser could be useless. First, I would stop using IE and switch to mozilla Firefox. You can get it here -> http://www.mozilla.org , then I would run a spyware check first either ad-aware or spybot- search and Destroy. If you dont do a spy check often you can be infected bad. see what happens after that.

btw, if you like FireFox, I have a help thread on using it. you can click it on my signature below.

3. 4plates

4plates Member

thanks i just dl it and was able to use the hyperlinks in the post yipeeeee.

4. deezp1

deezp1 Regular member

no problem, Im here to help!

5. 4plates

4plates Member