computer problem at our high school

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by farrantch, Feb 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. farrantch

farrantch Member

ok....like most schools, we have a computer lab. haha...i know hard to believe. but one of the new features the administrators have added is that the librarian in charge can pull up whatever any of the other students are looking at on her computer, and then log you off if you are looking at something innapropriate or against school rules. (Such as facebook)

im not sure how this is done...maybe telnet or something, but can't there be a way to block the port or ip address of the computer looking at you.....the way she looks at what were doing is through a program of somesort, and i would think that u could block her access somehow....

if you have any idea what this is called, any background information on it, or some details on how to prevent this....i would really appreciate it.

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

you are in school to learn not to browse the net. also if you did block the ip so that the librarian can't see what you are doing but wants to see what you are doing then the librarian will suspect you are up to no good & cancel or suspend your computer access. closed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.