Converting ISOs from NTSC to PAL.

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by Rydium41, Dec 2, 2006.

1. Rydium41

Rydium41 Member

Hi to all.

I have this ISO that I have currently burned on a DVD-RW. It is not actually a game ISO but it seems that it is not running at all. The problems is that once the game starts, it is supposed to show the intros of all the game developers of the game, but before it can even do that, it just freezes at a black screen. This game ISO was also previously burned with a another game to create a MXM (Multi-X-Media) disc but when this game was selected to run from there, the same error occurred. It is a NTSC ISO and I believe this is whats causing the problem. My question is that is there a way to convert this ISO to PAL? Some instructions as to how this should be done, would be greatly appreciated.

I also have Slayers EvoX installed in my Xbox, as I believe it is the tool that can make the conversion possible. I just don't know how to do this, hence why I need some instructions.

Thanks for the help.

2. Nu2Mods

Nu2Mods Guest

not that i am aware of but you can copy it to your HDD and press start over the title of the game in your games list and click 'launch in PAL mode' or you can set your dashboard to automatically change regions and it should work.

3. steimy

steimy Active member

you should not need to convert anything, a modded Xbox will play either one.
    Go into your dashboard settings and see what the region is set to and try "auto" if it is not set there already.

And do not use RW discs. Stick with a DVD-R or even a DVD+R
    RW discs are no good for backing up games to.
    It could just be those RW discs giving you the problem and not the region of the game.