Copy and paste Yahoo IM password?

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by gtjohnny, May 7, 2009.

1. gtjohnny

gtjohnny Member

On my girlfriend's computer on which she has no internet, the yahoo instant messenger pops up to log on. It already has the screen name id and password filled out. Of course the password is greyed out when highlighted and coded with dots. So we were wondering why the copy and paste option is greyed out on the password because we want to see what the password is when we paste it. The reason we want to do this is she forgot the password and the security question isn't working when trying to recover the password(We are doing this from my computer cause she doesn't have internet.) Please someone Help!...thanks a'billion.

2. nickberry

nickberry Regular member

Hi GTJohnny!

Whilst I'm sure you are completely on the up, think about how your problem may sound from the outside - youre at this other persons computer and you want to know what the masked password in their login box really is...?

No one would write software that would allow you to do that now would they?

I fear you may be out of luck... so a better option may be to get the girlfriend to chuck the comptuer in the back of a car and bring it to your internet, where it can log on and then she can change it to something she'll remember...

Regards
    Nick

Regards
    Nick