COPYING A ROM DVD

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by thedreas, Aug 1, 2006.

1. thedreas

thedreas Guest

Hi, I have a dvd which has different roms on it. DVD is getting old and I want to make a backup of it. I have tried different method which have failed. The DVD autoruns when inserted in the xbox. With nero, the copy fails.. Do I have to first copy to xbox and then ftp and then make a copy??

thanks

2. janrocks

janrocks Guest

If that works it might be the best plan. Roms are hard work..long file names and things give all sorts of problems.
    It's probably slight damage on the disk causing the problem with nero. Or maybe a couple of faulty roms. The other way is make a folder on the pc and take the roms one at a time until you find the bad ones.
    (I spent 3 days once sorting out a heap of snes roms for a disk)

3. Venom5880

Venom5880 Regular member

Try using DVD Decrypter to just make an image of the disc. Just make sure it's nice and clean beforehand.

4. steimy

steimy Active member

depends on the format of what is on the current disc.
    If it is an ISO then you can simply make a copy of the disc.
    If it is in file format then you will most likely have to do it through FTP like other Xbox games.

5. thedreas

thedreas Guest

well.. wasent able to make the straight copy since the dvd had a bit of scatches... so i decided to ftp to the xbox.. as someone said, some of the roms were bad.. so i had to go one by one...

thanks for the help

6. steimy

steimy Active member

yeah, the only way to avoid the long file names is by getting a batch converter that can trim them down to the required size.