Copying my PS games to my mod Xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by NatsMom, Dec 28, 2006.

1. NatsMom

NatsMom Member

Allow me to apologize first for anything illegal I may be doing. I've never had the need to post in a forum before. I don't know if I'm posting in the right discussion area, or if I'm committing piracy (whatever that may be). But I do know I need some serious help. I bought my 8 year-old son a used mod Xbox for Christmas. The Nintendo games on it are pretty ancient, so we don't play them. The Xbox games are pretty cool. There are no Playstation games on it. No big deal .. I have a ton to copy onto it. The only problem is, none will copy! Every time I attempt to use the "copy disc" option, I get an error. It doesn't say anything. No code. No explanation. It just says "Error." After some extensive research, I have found that I may have to make a ISO image of the PS1 game first. Then copy the image to the hard drive of the Xbox. This may as well be written in Greek, because I have no idea what it means, or more importantly, how to do it. Could someone please take pity on a "Mom" and help me out???? ANY help would be GREATLY appreciated. Again, I'm sorry if I broke any forum rules or offended anyone. Thanks in advance for the help.

2. jombee

jombee Member

you need to make an image of the playstation disk.

stick it into your computers cd burner.
    fire up whatever program you use to burn disks. if it's only nero express, get something better. the full version of nero is pretty good, others will point you in the direction of other free software whatever, they are all basically the same.

you want to make a copy of the game, but not to another disk you want to create an image, the option is there somewhere I'm sure of it. make sure the extension on the image is .iso the ftp it to the roms directory of psxbox or whatever emulator you are using

3. NatsMom

NatsMom Member

Thank you for your reply, however, I don't understand the link between my computer and the Xbox. How is creating an image of a Playstation game on my computer going to get the game onto the Xbox?

4. jombee

jombee Member

once you have the ISO image, you will need to ftp it to your xbox.
    there are several guides on that particular subject so I won't go into detail.

5. NatsMom

NatsMom Member

Yeah, I know nothing.

Do you think like a local computer repair shop would be able to do something like that?

6. Nu2Mods

Nu2Mods Guest

it something that you can easily do yourself if you have windows xp then you can use this