copying video files plus jpeg files to dvd

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by edwood, Oct 14, 2005.

1. edwood

edwood Member

I have a JVC GR-V72U digital camera. I have made a home movie of a family reunion. I also have a memory card in the camera, and took some stills that I want to include in the DVD that I would like to make from the reunion.

I uploaded the movie file to MicroSoft Movie Maker, but the audio was not clean. There were some audio drop-outs. It was not a bad upload, because I tried it two more times, and got the same results.

I then uploaded the video from the camera to Magix Movie Edit Pro 10. The audio was clean and in sync with the video, but I cannot figure out how to create titles etc. in Movie Edit Pro, nor can I figure out how to include the jpeg still pics.

I created a DVD of the video and clean audio in Movie Edit Pro, then I tried to copy the movie from the DVD as an AVI file to Microsoft Movie Maker in order to get the clean audio, but MicroSoft Movie Maker will only recognize about 1/2 of the vob file on the DVD.

I do not know of a DVD to AVI program that will read directly from the camera video/audio, or any way to copy the raw video/audio directly to a folder on the hard drive so that I can convert it to an AVI file for MicroSoft Movie Maker.

I have also tried to use ULead's DVD Movie Factory 3 to get a clean audio file, but have not been successful.

Does anyone have any suggestions how I can do what I want to do. I would greatly appreciate any help and suggestions.

Have a good weekend!
    Ed Wood

2. Idleman

Idleman Member

Edwood,

Hi there. Do yourself a huge favour and go and purchase Pinnacle Studio Plus for about $70 or so. I am in Dubai and it costs 199 Dirhams here - not a lot of money.

It is awesome. You can add still and edit very easily and the sound can be in stereo or 5.1 as well. You can easily add MP3 files to sound, record voice over etc . The transitions are excellent as well.

Its a professional pack essentially, for the amateur. Just follow the manual/guid and the Demo.

Trust me, if I can use it and so can you.

PS you can also do Picture in picturs and chroa key (green screen) as well.....

Cheers

Idleman

3. Idleman

Idleman Member

Edwood, andother thing, when you use Pinnacle to capture your dv from cam, it captures it in .mpeg. In order to make the movie, you can make an Mpeg, Avi, DVD, VCD or Video tape.

Idleman

4. edwood

edwood Member

Idleman,

Thanks for the tip. I will give it a look. Maybe they have a demo that I can try before I invest.

Regards,
    Ed

5. Idleman

Idleman Member

Go for it.
    Not sure if you can only get a demo, but check it out in a store, and guaranteed you'll get it....it will solve all your problems...titles, you can do thumbnail menu's on moving backgrounds with music...just like the Professional DVD's.

Mark