cyberhome 655

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by skweky, Apr 7, 2006.

1. skweky

skweky Member

Was wondering how this player has been working with all you folks? I just purchased it yesterday,,,hooked it up and played store bought disks and it worked fine... BUT when I tryed a backup disk about 5 minutes into the movie it started to filker like it was not reading disk fast enough. Anyway, I use DVD+ disks to backup. I read on here somewhere (at least I think I did) that this upcoverter, cyberhome 655, could read all dvd+ and dvd- disks. Was wondering if I got a bad one? They have them at my walmart on clearance for $49 bucks. Anyone that has this model that could help me out would greatly be appreciated. Thanks for your time and the best forum on the web.

2. pazzini

pazzini Guest

As you say you are using +R disc booktype them into dvd-rom. Also buy better media like TY or verbatim.

Make sure there is no dirt / scratches / dust on the disc.

3. skweky

skweky Member

Whats booktype and how do you do it???? Thanks!

skweky

4. pazzini

pazzini Guest

What drive do you have? If you have a BenQ download Qsuite 2.1 and it will do it automatically for you when you burn a disc.

You can change the booktype with cd-dvd speed / dvd decryptor / IMGburn. With imgburn it can booktype discs with these drives BenQ,Lite-on,LG,Plextor,Nec,Samsung,Ricoh.

you must booktype the disc first before you burn or it wont work.

Booktyping is turning a dvd+r into a dvd-rom by doing this you make your disc compatable with every dvd player. In other words all dvd players will play that disc.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2006
  5. skweky

skweky Member

Thanks for the info. I have a Memorex Double layer burner (16xDvd+r 8xDvd-r 2.4x Dvd+R9). I use Any DVD then CloneDvd2 to back-up. Does any of the programs u listed work with this model?? This Memorex rom came with Nero6 Memorex Suite. Thanks very much for the help and your time.

skweky

6. pazzini

pazzini Guest

The only way to find out is download nero cd-dvdspeed and check. It comes with nero under toolkit or you can download from cdspeed2000.com or net cant remember which, just do a google search.

When you have cd-dvdspeed it will be under extra then click on bitsetting. If it is supported it will highlight itselef if your burner is not supported you will be able to do nothing on the screen.

What is your model no?

7. skweky

skweky Member

Model # 3202 3282

8. skweky

skweky Member

Would DVD- disks work better than DVD+ disk when it comes to booktyping or can only the +'s be set to booktype? Or should I try a DVD- disk to back up a movie and see if it would (now using + disks) work without getting the flickering and jitters about 5 min's into the movie?
    Thanks for your time and help.. I put one of my backup disks into nero for it to read and it was booktyped DVD+

9. pazzini

pazzini Guest

You can only booktype +R discs into dvd-rom.

You need to put a blank disc into nero cddvdspeed to change the booktype of a disc.

If you have another dvd player try your disc in that or take it to a friends house.

How do you backup your movies and at what speeds? Personally I use anydvd and clonedvd2 but I also have 1click dvd copy pro, dvdshrink, dvd-rb, dvd decryptor just to name a few.

10. skweky

skweky Member

Thanks pazzini for the info. I to, use any dvd and clone. the backup movie works fine in my panisonic. all my backup movies are fine in my panisonic and emerson players. I just bought this cyberhome 655 because it had upconversion. The picture does look better. Like I said I watch about 5-10 minutes with no problems,,,, then u see a flicker,,, wait a few more seconds then another,,,,, then u know its going to flicker or even stop. Most of the time the sound continues but the picture lags behind. But my other 2 players the backup is fine though out.

11. pazzini

pazzini Guest

How have you set it up to your tv?

upgrade to the latest firmware, as it solves alot of other peoples problems.

your player can read +R discs so that is not your problem.

I have been checking out the cyberhome 655 and it appears that it is very picky regarding backup discs so nothing is wrong with your player, you just need to find the right discs.

http://www.videohelp.com/dvdplayers.php?dvdnameid=5699&search=search

use the search button put in cyberhome 655, the link is about other peoples experiences with your player.

you can also make that player region free. while on that site click on dvd hacks and put the name of your player & follow the instructions.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2006
  12. GOG427

GOG427 Member

may i ask where you bought it? i have looked all over for this player.

13. skweky

skweky Member

Walmart in the boise idaho area,,,,,,, where i purchased mine they ran out, but the next town over had about 15 last I seen at $49 clearance.