Dashboard Problem With error code 21

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by rdnck115, Jul 13, 2006.

1. rdnck115

rdnck115 Member

OK i soft-modded my xbox everything worked fine its been soft modded for about a year then a freind told me that he was gonna play on live
    so i found the original xboxdash.xbe and downloaded it and then renamed it to evoxdash.xbe so it would select the original M$ dashboard and boot it instead of the unleash X dash so i renamed it then ftp'd it onto the xbox and overwrote the original evoxdash.xbe and then when i went to reboot the error code 21 came up i know what i did wrong and i know that all i have to do is replace the dashboard with the backup i made of the evoxdash.xbe but i cant figure out how to fix the error code 21 so i can ftp it again.

2. rdnck115

rdnck115 Member

ok i tried hotswapping it but once i connect it to my computer it restarts my computer. plz help>

3. theridges

theridges Guest

does the system still boot original games?if so do you still have the softmod saves on the xbox??

4. rdnck115

rdnck115 Member

no it just goes straight to error 21 screen

5. rdnck115

rdnck115 Member

but yeah the saves r on it just wont go to the dashboard

6. theridges

theridges Guest

so it will not boot an original game if you put it in there???put it in there turn it off and then turn it back on while its in there....if it boots you can go back to the screen where you softmodded and get FTP functions back,if not you will need to hotswap...
    http://my.afterdawn.com/thereturn/blog_entry.cfm/374/hotswap