dashboard problem

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by drogomir, May 18, 2006.

1. drogomir

drogomir Regular member

I made a dvd-r disk with X_wizard autoinstaller, evox.ini, some skins and default.xbe and a dummy file. I put it in my xbox and the evolutionX dasboard comes up. However, the setting dont remain when i change them. What do i do from here. How do i get these files into my new hdd i just install. Forget ftp, i've been trying that for days with Ws_ftp and Flashftp and have not been able to access my xbox through my PC, except for the original bios flashing. Is there some trick to booting up the xbox with this disk . Does my hdd have to be unlocked or locked. Any help would be grateful. I've done so much tutorial reading in the past few days my head is spinning. Thanks

2. drogomir

drogomir Regular member

I take that last part back, I managed to get flashfxp working accidentally, but how do i know which folder to put in what drive? As you can tell I'm a newbie stumbling my way in the dark. LOL

3. steimy

steimy Active member

dashboards and applications should go in the apps folder
    which will either be on E: or F: depending how you set up the Xbox
    If you have both of those partitions then you would use the one that has the most free space. Then you run the programs from there.
    EvoX.ini is the EvoX dashboard file that tells the dashboard where to find everything on your hard drive. This file can be edited to point to a program in any folder and put a link to it in any menu you want. Like i edited mine so that all the programs i use have a link on the main EvoX menu so i can cut down on the steps it took to get to them. Like before you had about 3 steps from the main menu to get to a program in your apps folder to run it.

when you are changing settings are you making sure you go all the way to the bottom after your done to save & exit?

Usually with auto installer discs you put it in then reset the Xbox and it loads up automatically.

4. backupguy

backupguy Regular member

you have to try copying the mod from the disc to your xbox hdd. After that, leave it on the dashboard screen and open up your flashftp. where it says username and password at the top of the program type in xbox on both and the port number should already be entered ( if not then i cant rmbr the one it's supposed to be).
    that should open up your xbox hdd on your screen and then open the local browser,you can then send files to and from your xbox.
    voila! c'est simplificé

5. backupguy

backupguy Regular member

like steimy said, start up the xbox with the disc in it,and then install the mod( do you already have one installed? ) then you won't need the disc and just follow my previous instructions.