Dazzle Digital Video Creator 80

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by DebbieVR, Aug 2, 2006.

1. DebbieVR

DebbieVR Member

I bought this device almost 2 years ago to transfer a box of Panasonic Palmcorder VHS/C. I got a Sony Handcam DCR-DVD301 at the same time as a gift...There are boxes of VHS mini tapes of my family sitting here...The dazzle connector is terrific. The video footage is excellent, but I am not getting any sound on the playback from my Windows MCE 2005 computer. I am getting sound as I watch the footage being captured by the dazzle. Please help! Should I be connecting the audio cables to a different source than the usb? Also, the dazzle has a right audio in and a left audio in, should I be using both? I would really be extremely grateful if someone could help me out....I am an avid member of your forums and newsletters...Thanks again..

2. zfx83w

zfx83w Guest

First off, leave your cables where they are! If you can hear sound as you capture, then the connection to the computer is fine.

This is pure speculation, but this could be your problem.

When you are capturing your video, the audio you hear may be Windows playing back the sound it hears, not the Dazzle software itself. Check to make sure the audio recording options are set to your capture card. If that is the problem , then this should fix it.

Don't take offense to this, but please be sure your volume is turned up. Sometimes the simplest things solve our biggest problems. I've learned this the hard way many, many times.

3. DebbieVR

DebbieVR Member

I do appreciate the reply. No offense, because my next question is "do you mean the settings in playback and recordig"? Also the dazzle connects per usb because there is no firewire on this older Panasonic camcorder. I guess I check the software. Is there any other software compatible with the dazzle? I have used many to copy DVD's with little problem...Once again, thanks.

4. zfx83w

zfx83w Guest

Yes.
    You need to check the settings in "playback and recording." BTW: what software do you use with your dazzle?

In regards to your second question, you can use the dazzle with just about any editing software (exceptons may be the higher end ones like Avid because they usually support DV and HDV).As long as you have the dazzle drivers installed to where windows can recognize them, then it should appear as a capturing device in any program.

I forgot to ask: does the sound you hear when you capture come from the camera itself or from the computer?

Hope this helps

Robert