Digital Connections

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by jonomog, Jul 8, 2006.

1. jonomog

jonomog Guest

Need to transfer .AVI movie files to my TV/DVD Recorder, to create DVDs. The cable supplied is a mini USB from camera to two plugs - one Yellow and one Black. ( My TV has Red, White and Yellow sockets ). Where do I plug in the leads - accepting that the Yellow goes to Yellow )?
    Thanks!
    jonomog

2. behrad

behrad Regular member

I am assuming you are connecting to your DVD recorder and not to the TV.
    The yellow plug carries the video signal and should go to the video socket. The other (blk) carries mono sound. YOur camera does not record a stereo sound track and therefore it outputs only mono sound. You should connect this jack to the white socket of the recorder. Doing so will result in only a mono sound track on the finished DVD.
    The best thing to do is to pick up a Y connector (RCA connection) that will allow you to connect the black jack into the single end and output two inputs in to the red and white plugs. This will give you both tracks on the finished DVD but they will be identical. I.e. not in true stereo!
    But this is better than only having a single audio track.
    Good Luck
    Behrad

Last edited: Jul 9, 2006
  3. jonomog

jonomog Guest

behrad. Thanks for your info.I have the 3 colour inputs on both TV and DVD recorder, and on a cheaper camera I have, it does have the 3 leads which works fine. Strange the newer camera didn't come with
    one!
    I can, and do, conect to my PC to upload videos, then transfer to DVD with the appropriate software, but recording directly saves time!
    Many thanks
    jonomog

4. behrad

behrad Regular member

you are most welcome and welcome to AD :)
    Good luck!

Last edited: Jul 16, 2006