Digital DVD Camcorder info Needed HELP!!!!

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by twissie90, Oct 17, 2005.

1. twissie90

twissie90 Member

I am a sports photographer. Lately, I have been thinking about changing my medium to include video. But I don't know whick digital dvd camcorder would be the one I would like for outdoors (bright sunlight to cloudy days, indoor arena, etc. with limited lighting conditions, (actually deplorable conditions) and nightime). I do think that being able to grab still pics from the video would be a plus but not manditory. The price would be a factor in that I can't afford the $3000+ models but would like a better camcorder than the average household purchases for their personal use.
    Is there someone who can give me the info I need to make a good business choice. And could you give me info on the product you think would best serve me. I know absolutely NOTHIN about what I need, don't need or why I need that one and not that one. Your expert knowledge is needed, first off the help me and secondly to help convince my husband which product will benefit us the most if the price is higher than he anticipates. lol (Isn't it always)

Thank you all so very much,
    Rita Bruner

2. TPFKAS

TPFKAS Regular member

Hello Rita,
    If you are just venturing into digital camcorders, you could start to read this: http://www.digitalvideoclub.com/basiscs/camcorder.php
    You write "DVD camcorder" and that would not be my choice. In principle miniDV is better than recording directly on tape.
    Giving advice on make and model is very tough, because different factors have different values for different people. Anyway, quality that you can reach these days with digital camcorders is realy very good, so (unless you're a professional filmmaker) there is certainly no need to spend $3000... For between $600 and $800 you will probably find a cam that suits your need.
    Best resource for information is http://www.camcorderinfo.com They have reviews on most camcorders on the market and rate them on all aspects that you can think of.