Digital video camrea recomendation

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by amirchen, Mar 21, 2004.

1. amirchen

amirchen Member

Hi All.
    i want to but a digital video camera (about $1000).
    what do you recomend?
    the things that are most imprtant to me is battery life length and Analog-to-digital convertion.

Thanks, Amir

2. DWW

DWW Member

JVC does make good cameras.

3. Hunter007

Hunter007 Regular member

I think he was reffering to a specific model of DV. Battery life in camcorders depends on numerous things, but they're all usually around 1 hour to an hour and a half. Those are camcorders without a built in light. JVC does make good camcorders, but Sony and Cannon do also. Sony and Cannon have external mic outputs more then any other brands. This is an extremely useful feature as it increases sound quality a lot. As for specific models, I think that the new Sony DCR-HC30 is an amazing buy. It is a great MiniDV camcorder that has an extended battery life and does Analog-to-digital conversion. It has 500 lines of resolution (as most Minidv camcorders have) and uses the famous Carl ZeissĀ® Vario-Tessar Lens.

4. Reader650

Reader650 Member

You may also want to check out some of the new 3 CCD models that are more affordable now.

5. BrownAcid

BrownAcid Guest

Sonny is great..I have a TRV33 and it works like a charm. :)

6. paparatzo

paparatzo Guest

I preffer panasonic for video. its just personal choice, panasonic, sony and canon all make good products. I preffer canon with still photography, but again personal choice.

at the bottom end of the market panasonic or sony have the most functions for you buck.

shop arround thou, you can save $500 on the same product going to diffrent stores. I managed to save AUD$500 and get a free firewire card when i brought my camcorder