Dirty Disc Error from Hard Drive?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by someclown, Feb 14, 2006.

1. someclown

someclown Guest

I have been getting dirty disc errors while playing games off of the hard drive.
    anyone else ever have this problem? any advice on how to fix?
    thanks.

2. mydadsfat

mydadsfat Guest

try cleaning the disk or checking for scratches. u can buy disk cleaner spray at eb games or gamestop, if its a used game that could also be ur problem. also there are 3 types of disk trays some are good and one of them really suck, so check what disk tray u have.

3. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

how do you copy game to hdd? Did you try to play those games with errors in DVD? Maybe the dvd has scratches.

4. someclown

someclown Guest

no the games played fine when first copied to the hard drive.
    the drive is only a month old, the games started acting up after about 2 weeks but not all of the games.

5. theridges

theridges Guest

what games are doing it exactly and also what hardrive are you using hope its not crappy seagate they suck.....but if they worked fine in the begining i dont know what is wrong now i would suggest copying them to the hardrive again....

6. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

@theridges
    I have used a 120GB seagate hdd on my xbox for more than 15 months. I have over 30 games and bunch of apps in the hdd. I only have 10GB available now. My xbox still runs fine. No problems with starting up or playing games.

So seagate hdd is NOT suck like you said.

7. theridges

theridges Guest

alright whatever you say....we all have our opinions....

8. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

If you can back all the stuffs in xbox, and try to reformat the hdd and install dashboard. Make sure you dont screw up your xbox. You have to know how to reinstall your dashboard. Otherwise, DO NOT format your hdd.

9. knizzle

knizzle Guest

delete your cache, sometimes they mess up the game, that and sometimes igr messes it up to, try that and lemme know how it goes. I believe your cache files are in the x.y.z drives

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2006
  10. someclown

someclown Guest

Thanks for the suggestions.
    I tried clearing the cache and it still did the same thing.
    the problem happens the most on star wars episode 3.
    i am using a maxtor 200 gig and a softmod.