dirty disc error

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by sdc1983, Jul 7, 2006.

1. sdc1983

sdc1983 Regular member

Hey
    I need some assistanve finding the thread for the "Dirty Disc Error" for backed up xbox games. I've seen it on here before but when I do a search nothing comes up.
    So if someone knows where I can find that thread or provide some info on that error it would be greatly appreciated.
    The games I've backed up so far that give me this error is GTA:San Andreas, EA NHL 2006 and Red Dead Revolver.

Thanks

2. theridges

theridges Guest

Are these games copied or Downloaded??are the games your copying them from clean meaning no scratches or fingerprints?? what type of dvd are you burning them too and what program are you using?

3. sdc1983

sdc1983 Regular member

these games are ones I own. They are in excellent condition there was no dust or scrathes or fingerprints on the orignials when I copied them. I used Maxell dvd-r.
    The programs I used were craxtion to copy the xISO and then I used dvd decrypter to burn them. I tried copying the games to my HDD first then FTP them from that but I also tried playing the disc in the xbox and copying directly from the dvd drive. The games load fine but after a few minutes they stop and the dirty disc error pops up.

4. theridges

theridges Guest

what speed are your burning the disc at, if your not burning them at 4x start now.....other than that i dont know what could be wrong....i would try some other DVD-R like verbatim or office depot are good....

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2006
  5. sdc1983

sdc1983 Regular member

I burn them at 2x

6. theridges

theridges Guest

i would burn them at 4x.....

7. modbox69

modbox69 Member

Hay man i had the same thing with my little broz xbox if u are using dvd-r drvie and the games work like ur play 4 a bit then thay f**K up like it say's dirty disc error it's cuse u need a use dvd-rom driver just buy a new one and place it in the xbox ur self..

Did u modchip ur xbox ur self?