"disc may be damaged or dirty"

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by NeoPlato, Dec 9, 2006.

1. NeoPlato

NeoPlato Member

After spending a couple of years with my chipped xbox (executer 3). I have noticed that the newer games I attempt to backup (nfs:c, amped 2)seem to tell me that "the disk may be damaged or dirty".
    Is this a new generation of copy protection or just a moody copy?
    My xbox dvd drive is on its last legs and has a working rate of around 40% ( the number of times i have to eject and start again). I have also aquired another copy of amped 2, and when i ftp it over, the same happens: "the disk my be damaged or dirty".
    If someone could provide some guidance on how to solve the "dirty disk" issue it would be much appreciated.
    I know your time is precious so if i could be pointed in the right direction (with a couple o' links perhaps) i can read whatever you would essentialy have to cut and paste.
    Thankyou in advance for your quick response xD
    My appologies if this has been asked too many times already, maybe a "too many" response and i will cease >.<

2. theridges

theridges Guest

yea the dirty disc error is usually because a name of a file is too long or you need a dummy xbe to load the game, its moreless the new way of copy protection like you said...i know some games have fixes but not all ....so you just have to play them off of a disc..