Do I have Evo X?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by 45cdorm, Dec 30, 2006.

1. 45cdorm

45cdorm Member

Hi there Guys!

I have spent the last few days trying to set up my ftp to pc for my xbox...after endless research im begining to think that it might be a problem with my evo x.

I have some questions...my chip was installed by a company...I.e the only reasy I know i have evo x is that when i boot my xbox it says in the top left evox...and it plays copyed xbox games....i have never tryed ftp connection to pc until now.

When reading forums about this topic ftp connection...its seems there should be more options then my consol has....in my network settings...it says nothing about ftp on or off...bla bla bal...when i go to network settins i have an option of seting automatic or manual ip no say about static or otherwise....and also no say about usernames on ftp or anything like this.

Have i been done over by the shop that installed my chip?....do i have to reinstall the dash (that is a bios right?...) if so how can I do it.

Can someone help...and forgive my ignorance in advance.

John.

2. Nu2Mods

Nu2Mods Guest

ok when you boot your xbox it goes to the M$ dashboard? if so you will need a boot disc and install a new dashboard to ftp, i recommend slayers seeing as you have a chip already, and dont do anything to the bios unless you know what your flashing to it and are willing to pay the price and buy a new xbox if you flash the wrong image to the chip.

3. 45cdorm

45cdorm Member

when I boot my xbox....i just get the standard xbox stuff...their is 4 options....settings video bla bla bla....

Do i need to boot up with a evox cd or something to access these ftp options and stuff....im quite confused.

Regards.

4. DeadRain

DeadRain Regular member

Thats the MS dash, so get yourself a Slayers Boot CD, this autoinstalls the Evox Dash onto your xbox

5. 45cdorm

45cdorm Member

right, where could i get that?...had a look on emule but no luck...I have just downloaded the lates version of evox...and am reading instructions how to load that...and it sayw that when i boot the xbox with that i should come up with a similar menu....is this also valid?

cheers