do i have to flash?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by studlyami, Jul 26, 2004.

1. studlyami

studlyami Member

I am looking at buying a premodded xbox with the Aladdin Advance mod chip preinstalled. I also thought about the Xenium mod chip. The only reason why i want a mod chip is that i can play backup games (i do not need/want to copy them to my xbox HD). The aladdin comes flashed with Cromwell LINUX Flashbios v2.31, the Xenium comes with Xenium Modchip with XOS2 Operating System(didnt say type of bios). I really dont want to have to Flash my bios in order to play backup games either. Do i have to flash my bios to play backup games on those cards? IF so is their a card outthier that will play backup games without having to flash? If i have to flash how long does it take and how hard is it (ive read the manuals doesnt seem to hard but i see alot of post here with problems during the flashing). Any help/ sujestions would be appricated.

2. ozy

ozy Regular member

If I were I would wait until you have tried playing the backups before even asking this question. If you run into hassles e.g games will not load or play then you may need to flash your chip with another bios but that depends on wether or not your chip is flashable.

3. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

In any case, you're gonna have to flash your modchip to play backups. The original MS bios is not gonna let you do anything like that, so you'll need a hacked bios (X2) to play.