Does Soft Modding require me to open my Xbox?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by Gekkou, Dec 16, 2004.

1. Gekkou

Gekkou Member

If it does are there any other way for me to Soft Mod without any risk of damaging my Xbox.

Could you Also Give me Links and/or Websites that have turoials on how to soft mod with out any risk of damaging my Xbox if possible.

Side Question: Soft modding allows me to install my Xbox games to my Xbox Hard Drive right?

2. Fuzzy2006

Fuzzy2006 Guest

I don't know if u need to open ur xbox.

I am getting my xbox softmodded and getting a 200 gig hard drive put in with 5 preloaded games and exo x all for £140!!!!

If u softmod ur xbox then then u will be able to use ur xbox as a dvd player without the dvd remote, connect to xbconnect and kiai (servers like xbox live apart from free!!) and once ur xbox is softmodded and evox is put on then u can load cds, dvds and xbox games onto the harddisk (with dvd2xbox i think) and then listen/watch/play them without the disk.

Hope this helps.

Fraser

3. vsaiyan

vsaiyan Member

4. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

Not in ANY method. Softmodding does anything a xbox with a mod chip can do. I have it, and I upload games to the hdd and play backups. And plus, if you use iTools, you can always do a "C-Restore" to restore your xbox back to normal, so if something goes wrong, you're not screwed.

5. Fuzzy2006

Fuzzy2006 Guest

HOW LONG U HAD UR XBOX SOFTMODDED FOR?
    AND HAVE U HAD ANY PROBLEMS AT ALL?

6. gilbates

gilbates Member

For softmodding, you only need to open your xbox if you upgrade your hard drive.