Does the Dashboard come with a modchip?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by weed4life, May 13, 2006.

1. weed4life

weed4life Member

Im trying to figure this all out before I buy it all, so I am wondering if anyone can tell me a good soderless adapter/modchip that I can just play my backup games. Will the dashboard come installed on the modchip? I see Teqniiue's guide to backing up with Avalaunch or X-(something I forgot) And there pictures that are messed up almost throughout the whole guide.Also, do I have to flash my Xbox bios? Please help!!

2. paul1085

paul1085 Regular member

Once you've installed the modchip yourself you will have to flash the bios, but it depends on what chip you are installing to what bios you use, but once you get your first bios installed look for something called slayers evox auto installer on P2P as his will install Avalaunch, Evolution X and lots of other neat stuff for you.

Also you don't really need to go the solderless route as there is only 3 wires to solder to your motherboard with Executer.

3. weed4life

weed4life Member

Well I am afraid of not soldering it right. I figure if I go solderless itll be easier for me to to mess up my xbox.