Downloaded UFC TAPOUT 2 in MDF

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by vgaddict8, Apr 4, 2006.

1. vgaddict8

vgaddict8 Guest

I downloaded UFC TAPOUT 2 for xbox and it came out in mdf? What do I do with it? I tried to mount the image and extract a new iso image, but alcohol 120 wouln't allow to a make .iso extension image.

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Did you try downloading ISOBuster and extracting the files out with that?

Also you might want to download Quix and see if that will extract the image file of it since its an Xbox game.

3. KC36330

KC36330 Regular member

a .mdf file should be accompanied by the .mds file that was created with it, it's like a .bin/.cue, they go hand in hand so the program knows the settings the image was extracted using.

MagicISO will convert the .mdf to an ISO as well.

kc

4. vgaddict8

vgaddict8 Guest

Is it unusual to get a mdf format for a xbox?, because this is a first for me and I been around for a while. I mean, what the heck are people taking? Why do you have to do mdf? I hate mdf!!! It all started with mdf dreamcast games. I am scared of mdf.

5. larrylje

larrylje Active member

I agree I have never saw an Xbox game that was mdf. Thats why i sugested to use either ISOBuster or QUix. thaught maybe it was just renamed as an mdf file but really an xISO.

6. vgaddict8

vgaddict8 Guest

I converted the d*mn b*stard with ultraISO. I am sure some sick b*stard out there sure has fun over other people's fraustration by giving out mdf images.