Dual Layer Disk Burning Issue

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by MusicMan3, Jan 16, 2010.

1. MusicMan3

MusicMan3 Guest

Hey. I have an iso of fallout 3 that I burned from the disk i bought in order to have a backup. The ISO i have is about 6 gigs, obviously too small for those puny 4.5 gig dvds. So I have no choice but to go with dual layer right? Well I burned the ISO to a dvd+rdl disk. I used nero express 7 i think it was. Nero reported no issues. When I pop the disk in, nothing happens. When I try to access the info on the disk, explorer crashes. Also, I'm running win7 if that helps.

Thank you for your help.

2. KillerBug

KillerBug Active member

It could be crummy media, it could be a crummy buring software.

I would just get Daemon tools...that way you can simply mount the image and you don't need to worry about swapping the DVD in an out.

3. MusicMan3

MusicMan3 Guest

I know about mounting the disk and what not. I actually prefer PowerISO over deamon tools. But hey, to each his own right? But back to my problem, I need to wipe my hard drive and this is my only option. My great dane literally ate my production copy of the game. He ate through the case and broke the disk in two! BAD DOG! Haha, but yeah... I'm actually pretty well tech savvy. I just know nothing about dl burning.