DV6plus Camera doesn't work! buttons don't respond

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by rdxtreme, Feb 11, 2006.

1. rdxtreme

rdxtreme Regular member

All of a sudden my Konaki DV6plus digital hybrid camera does not work. All I can do is plug the usb cord into the comp and access the files.

When i press the power button on the camera it comes on, I can switch to the different modes by the spinwheel selector on its side, but the browse buttons, menu buttons, or display buttons do not work. I cannot use it.

I tried everything such as removing the SD card and deleting what was on the camera's memory (by way of my computer). I tried turning it on while the battery was off (in attempt to erase any stored glitch) and then putting the battery back in.

Is there some invisible file on the camera that I might have deleted that contains settings for this device?

Thanks in advance, there's like no information on this camera on google, just where to buy it.

2. philraz

philraz Regular member

if it is the camera I'm thinking of you need to install the driver disk that came with it make sure you click on Dv6 when you first start the install

Last edited: Feb 12, 2006
  3. rdxtreme

rdxtreme Regular member

..........................but the problem isn't on my computer. its on the camera. it connects to my computer just fine, i can use it as a webcam and move files to it etc.

its when the camera is actually being its own independant device. but i'll try it anyway.

4. philraz

philraz Regular member

Sorry miss read there is no files in the camera that you can delete that would effect the controls if they're not working its time for the repair man

5. Shutrbugd

Shutrbugd Member

rdxtreme,

Did you ever resolve the issue with the Konaki DV6? I'm having the SAME button problem.

6. rdxtreme

rdxtreme Regular member

no, i emailed konaki and they'll set it up so that you send the camera and they'll send a replacement :-\

sell it on ebay, this camera does everything but does not EXCEL in anything, and get urself an mp3 player, this camera does not have the battery life to sport that gimmick.