DVD Bookmarking

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by dhoward, Feb 21, 2006.

1. dhoward

dhoward Guest

I have a Panasonic DVD-E30K stand alone DVD recorder. It has a feature that allows me create a marker(s) when I want to stop watching a DVD. Position Memory basically. Does not matter what kind of DVD (R,RW,RAM) I can then power it off and come back later and immediately return to where I left off. Similar to watching a VHS tape. When you stop the tape you can return later and pick up where you left off. As long as the DVD is not ejected I can use the marker to start at my last point of watching. I can also have several points marked off. Powering off does not effect this feature.

My question is this. Can anyone recommend a stand alone DVD player that has this exact same feature. The only ones I have seen lose the marked point as soon as the player is powered off. There are a lot of times I may want to stop viewing and come back later. This is the one area where VHS players seem to have an advantage.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2006
  2. dhoward

dhoward Guest

Anyone?

3. mackdl

mackdl Regular member

I have a Pioneer DV-275 that has a memory as such. It makes a memory of where you stopped. You can even eject, play a second dvd, then resume with the first dvd at where you left off. Yes, you can even shut the unit off and resume days later.

It's now a discontinued model, but I'm sure the newer models have the same feature.

4. angus999

angus999 Regular member

My machine does that but it's a DVD Recorder not just a player (if that helps?)

It's the Toshiba RD XS-24. When you press stop on the remote, the next time you go to it, it resumes from that point. To stop the playback totally and return to the beginning, you must press stop, twice.