DVD Burner Recommendation

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by MrBill, Dec 26, 2002.

1. MrBill

MrBill Member

Howdy all, I am getting ready to purchase DVD X Copy, from what I have read it does what I am wanting to do and that is back up all of my DVD movies that I have purchased in a click of a button. My question is what is recommended for a good top of the line DVD Burner? I am considering strongly the Sony DRU500A, THoughts/Suggestions?

Thanks, Bill

2. Unibonger

Unibonger Guest

the Pioneer burners seem real popular now, and there is supposed to be a very nice new Teac
    I have the Pioneer DVR-104 and it's done very well , I can't burn faster then 2x with it but it does the job and I don't have a stack of coasters from using it with DVD X Copy

3. mnmeater

mnmeater Member

Just make sure everything is a compatable media, what your player can handle will determine which recorders you will want to consider. DVD-R seems to be leading still, but I have been noticing more DVD+R players on the shelves now.

4. mahenry

mahenry Member

i have a pioneer A-04 drive no problems either. most dvd players out there even the older ones are much more compatible with dvd-r than dvd+r because dvd-r is the standard format.