DVD Camcorder Questions......

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by sonicdrft, Oct 11, 2006.

1. sonicdrft

sonicdrft Member

hi i got a HITACHI dvdcam model MV730A and had a few questions about it....first off im using the TDK DVD-R mini discs for recording and i was wandering how to go about taking the contents off the disc and putting them on a web site...another question is is there a program or something i can use to make the quality of the video better after it has been recorded to the disc..thanx...

2. sed8ed

sed8ed Member

Not quite sure what you mean by better....It should be great already.

Your Pc should recognise the disc upon insertion (3 sec or so). I know your probably not stupid but have you finalised the disc???? It wont work unless it's finalised (not sure if this is the case for +R).

Have you checked the settings in the cam itself..If your using LP mode the quality can suck as the compression is higher. Using SP or XP (the latter may not be supported by your camera) the quality should be quite good. Auto settings are great for point and record but you may need to adjust them when in a particular situation (if your camera has manual type settings)

As for the upload you should be able to copy the DVD files to the pc like any other DVD. At least that how it is on my DVD cam (Samsung).

DVD cams dont quite have the resolution of miniDV and they dont quite have the megapixel/CCD range found on miniDV either but still yield good results...My Samsung is very adequate despite the 860,000k+ pixel range. Not the best camera but point and shoot useablility with DVD dual layer support is great. It's all about the CCD not just the megapixel.

As long as you have some type of DVD software you should be able to back up the dvd and then convert it to a WEB friendly format maybe .avi or .mov (quicktime) I dont really now what the best format is but one that yields good results with compressed files would be best.

I am not familiar with your camera but I do know that some manufacturers advertise certain format support (can record in .AVI and mp4) but they actually record in their own (manufacturer) format and cant be used by any of your standard programs to view (win media player,VLC,Classic media player etc.)without conversion first.

I hope you find something!!!