dvd collection

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by evworld, Aug 30, 2003.

1. evworld

evworld Member

Is there a program that can keep track of my growing dvd collection? Such as, I can enter the dvd titles and print it out so I have a record of the dvd's I own.

2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

There are a few out there - i downloaded one but its shit. Best thing is MS Word and number them. Thats what i do ;-)

Sometimes the easiest things are best! See how easy it is - i can copy and paste anywhere :)

Last edited: Sep 2, 2003
  3. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

If you have LOTS of discs (CD,DVD,PC,Games, etc.) then an Excel Spreadsheet is the way to go, but for a quick list Word is perfect.

4. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

I agree with that. Its handy to know how many you have and be able to search through a list to see what you have for sure. The online database programs are a real pain in the ass if you ask me. There is a program called DVD lister or something that allows you to update it from the web and get reviews and covers for you DVD's.

5. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

hmm there is one software i had before and damn i cant remember it at all but if i think of it i'll let you know. It was made to do exactly what you are looking for evworld.

6. evworld

evworld Member

I found a program called DVD Profiler and it's free after trying to set up a spreadsheet in Excel. This program is the cat's meow, does everything I need and more.

7. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Thats the one i meant instead of lister. You have to download all the templates from the internet and all. It takes a while

8. Dela

The one I was talking about wasnt free but damn it was good, what the hell i do with it? :(

9. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

I wasnt a big fan of it. Too much details went into it, and you couldnt just show someone a nice long list if they wanted to borrow any.

10. Dela

I believe its actually against copyright to loan a DVD to somebody, isn't that just plain stupid? lol

11. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

they have one called CDCatalog for windows that is killer, all you do is put in the discand it scans the contents. you can make as many catagories as you like. like in my music catalog i got all my mp3 discs labeled as just cd1, cd2, cd3, etc. and you can make any catagories you want. it works great, but it's kinda old. i've had it for about 5 years and i thik it was only 9 bucks when i got it. you just open it up and it gives you the catagories nad you can look thru the cd's or it also has a search feature, like i can search for marilyn manson or something and it will tell me every disc that has manson music or videos or whatever. great program

12. Dela

Thanks for the suggestion darth :) i need to find a good program like that again, keep track of my stuff :)