DVD Media (I guess) Or new title Problems

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by cpd189, Apr 2, 2006.

1. cpd189

cpd189 Member

I have backup up the majority of my games successfully but it seems that now days when I try to make a backup of a Newer title such as "BLACK", or NBA BALLERS PHENOM" It freezes up after it loads. I use flash, then maka iso with simplexiso, then burn image using either nero or alcohol 120. I use Ritek G05 dvds (8x) or Princo (4x)Is there something I need to change or is there something going on with it being a brand new title? Any help would be appreciated.

2. steimy

steimy Active member

i don't think so , i have Black, and several newer titles and they work fine on disc. i sometimes have to try a few different ways to get all the files to transfer to HDD, but once i do they run fine.
    Ritek should be fine but the 4X Princo's should be used for other stuff, not games.
    try a different ISO creation program like Cration4 or Qwix
    you can use those to extract the game, then create the ISO

Last edited: Apr 3, 2006
  3. KC36330

KC36330 Regular member

I've backed up both of the titles mentioned with no problems at all. used DVD2XBOX to rip it to the harddrive then Xiso to create the ISO for burning (others don't like it, it works for me), burnt to TYGO2's with ImgBurn as i do all games. i agree that the GO5's will work great but the princo's should not be used for any game backup.

kc

4. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Just a sugestion. Have you tried cleaning out your CACHE folders in all folders? If not try to. Go to each folder and if theres a CACHE folder in the folder then delete the files in it. (Dont delete the foler itself). Sometimes your CACHE files can become corrupt and stop other games from booting up or freezing around the title screen.

5. cpd189

cpd189 Member

Ok, I tried it with Craxtion and I got it to work with no problems. Thanks everyone for the help and suggestions. Oh and by the way, I will use my princo for other things. Thanks again.