DVD not Finalizing

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by dan72987, Sep 12, 2007.

1. dan72987

dan72987 Member

I was recording a DVD during a live class and the machine i was using to record would not finalize the DVD because it was a DVD+R not DVD-R. Now i have like 50 minutes of video on that DVD that I NEED but i cant get it off of the DVD. Is there any program that I can use to get this info off of the DVD even though it is not finalized?

2. attar

attar Senior member

3. deadlove

deadlove Guest

It does depend somewhat on the file format recorded, and the burn mode of the recorder. Then your burner will have some input as well depending on if it supports the type of burn the recorder has done. A lot use sequential which isn't well supported.
    Last one of these I saw we had to use a domestic dvd recorder to finalize the disk before we could do anything with it.

If your pc burner will actually see the files on the disk you can try a straight copy with just about any burning software.. generic-mmc-raw driver should handle unfinalized input to dvd-r finalized output.

cd data rescue is also pretty good at this stuff, again not free and it all depends on whether your pc drive can handle the disk format..

Only other thing that comes to mind is playing the disk in the recording device and capturing from the a/v output socket... if it has one :S

that'll teach you to always use the right type of disks eh?? (fun.. but seriously.. it's not good for the laser using the wrong type of disks)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2007