DVD player for entertainment

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by tobby1, Jul 3, 2005.

1. tobby1

tobby1 Member

I new @ this, but i would like to know do anyone of you have a recommandation for a DVD player good for home stereo entertainment usage?
    I've a HDTV ready projector and 6.1 system. i wouldlike to buy a player that have Progressive scan ( then again who doesn't now=a=day) .... a good quality of picture image and capable to playback a good old CD music (not the DVD=audio yet, altough I'm trying to find pop=music w/ DVD-audio recording)
    My budget is capped @ $200-( by my significant other =go figure)

Initially, I was looking into DVD recorder..thinking it is the lately things to a VCR. The more I read the posting on this site, theh more I reserve to just a DVD player. I think i will leave the recorder to later on. I enjoy more watching and listen to CD/DVD than gett'n techical w/ the High-tech.

I would really appreciate w/ any info.
    thx.

2. JVC

JVC Active member

If you have a Best Buy or Circuit City nearby, go check out the Pioneer 578a universal player. It is a great player, for the money. It does what you want, plus, when you're ready, it will play DVD-Audio and SACD high resolution 5.1 surround music discs (you're receiver must have the 5.1 analog inputs, and most do now days). It usually sells for less than $200.................
    Good luck with whatever you decide on.

3. tobby1

tobby1 Member

THank you for your reply.
    I will ck it out today. I welcome anymore suggestion to do my comparising.
    Again, Thank you.