DVD Player Issue

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by Nation559, Nov 29, 2006.

1. Nation559

Nation559 Member

ok first off this is about a DVD player for the house. My APEX DVD player played my burnt DVD-Rs fine with no problems.

The apex broke last week...so i been using this free dvd player i got from direct TV.

Now i noticed that half of my burnt DVDs are very "pixelated" and doesnt play. The other half works but slightly pixelated.

Both types are dvd-r DVDs. The only difference i noticed is some are 8x and some are 16x TDKs. So whats the problem?

My other room has a Apex DVD player and those dvds play fine? so why is my new dvd acting up for some of my dvd when they are the same brand and type?

What is a good replacement DVD player that plays like my 30 dollar Apex? I might just want to walmart to buy and swap till i find one. Any clues what i should do before junking the other dvd player

2. JVC

JVC Active member

For another real cheap player, that works pretty good, try the Magnavox.

Also, use better media than TDK. TDK made good cassette tapes, but not very good dvds.

Also don't use paper, stick-on labels. They will also cause the kinds of problems, you're talking about.

3. Nation559

Nation559 Member

the reason i didnt think its a DVD issue is because i have another apex dvd player that plays those dvds fine.

wierd how a brand new dvd player im using would do this

4. JVC

JVC Active member

Even though both are the same brand (Apex), they were probably built with different parts and especially, different firmware. It's a known fact, that some players, like certain brands of media better than others.
    I'm not saying that will definately fix your problem, but it could be a part of it.

5. Nation559

Nation559 Member

yea what im gona do is get a cheapie from walmart then test it if not i can always return it. So far what i see is the APEX players work fine with my dvds and my POS Norcent brand free dvd player sucks.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2006
  6. maggie710

maggie710 Guest

you can find a powerful player in order to avoid some playing problems,i like the no limited region player.
    http://i'manidiot.com edited by ddp has no limit region

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2006
  7. britnla

britnla Guest

Just go to www.thedvdunlocker.com and download the ebook.. check and see if your player is there or buy a cheap player listed. No need to spend tons of money.....

8. ronrak

ronrak Member