dvd players in canada

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by tee99, Mar 18, 2005.

1. tee99

tee99 Regular member

folks,
    apologies in advance if this is a bit of a stupid question, but does anyone have any ideas/advice on where to buy cheap dvd players either online or shops in canada.
    basically something like ebuyer, or scan or dabs - aside from futureshop & tigerdirect.
    tried googling but nothing of much interest appeared - apart from some old rubbish on ebay
    any help would be most appreciated
    cheers

2. djscoop

djscoop Active member

give ubid.com a try

3. Doulley

Doulley Guest

where in canada? any where probably visions or future shop a apex dvd player was 99 u have probably never heard of brand but its really good plays karoeoke,cd,dvd,mp3,vcd laser is tough

4. joe33333

joe33333 Guest

I was recently at Wal-Mart in Ontario and saw that there were cheap DVD players for $34.99. Cheapest I've seen.

5. tee99

tee99 Regular member

cheers gents
    however will give them a try, not too far from futureshop in ottawa, and then there is a radioshack in the town, although still haven't seen much on the web.
    next problem is that i need the dvd player to be multiregion, and from what i gather there is not much chance of buying one of the shelf like that in north america.
    shocking

6. eLiguL

eLiguL Member

If you have a walmart nearby you should pick up the diamond dvd player they have for 45$. It played everything I could throw at it and then some (dvd originals, dvds I burned myself, bootleg asian dvds, vcds, svcds, mp3 disc). I have buyers remorse on my old sony dvd player that cost me $200+ that doesnt even play 1/4 of what this player does.

7. tee99

tee99 Regular member

cool, managed to get hold of a Koss one from music world that plays just about anything and is now region free! - mind you, quality is not all that, but for $25 its not too bad.

cheers