dvd+r burning problems

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by warhawk1, Nov 26, 2005.

1. warhawk1

warhawk1 Guest

Ok, ive searched for how to back-up games on a DVD+R and i tried to do it, so I made the ISO using Craxtion and when i went to burn the iso to the dvd, it sayed it was too big, but im using a 4.7 gb DVD and the ISO is only 4.39 gb! (Its halo 2, just to clarify) Any help? I heard you can delete xbox live files off the game to help it fit, but i have no clue what files those are...

2. warhawk1

warhawk1 Guest

are there files i can delete that make the game fit on a DVD+R that make it so the game still functions properly, maybe no xbox live files?

3. wr6739

wr6739 Regular member

You can delete all the .bik movie files, they are just the Halo 2 intro, credits, and video that plays when you leave the controller untouched in the menu for a while. Go into the Halo 2 game folder and then the bink folder, and delete all the .bik files (intro.bik, attract.bik, and credits.bik) Then recreate the iso from those files/folders inside the modified Halo 2 game folder.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2005
  4. warhawk1

warhawk1 Guest

ok, after removing the files and the dvd actually burned the iso with nero (thank god), but the xbox wont reconize the disc. UnleashX cant verify the game, it just says unknown. I burned the iso using nero at 2.4x, using a DVD+RW 4x, the iso is fine, i hope...

I am choosing the option in nero that says "back up files", choosing option "burn iso image to disc"

any help?

5. wr6739

wr6739 Regular member

What's the iso file structure. Or could be bad media.

6. steimy

steimy Active member

Try DVD Decrypter
    And try some +R or -R media instead of the RW
    Or use the image burning part of Nero that looks
    like a disc on fire to burn the ISO