ecently tried to connect my computer to my tv

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by jbent, Aug 29, 2007.

1. jbent

jbent Member

I recently tried to connect my computer to my tv. I tried using vga-to-component, the response on the tv is not supported mode. I tried using hdmi-to-dvi didnt even get a signal. Im not tryin to get audio out of this just video if anyone can help that would be great. I also tried using s-video but it looks real bad on the screen so that is a last resort. Any advice would be nice thanks.

2. Mr_Del

Mr_Del Regular member

Some Video cards have to be told the TV is there. It is not always automatic. Right click on your desktop where there is nothing and select properties. Go to the settings tab. select advanced. In there you should find a tab that has something to do with displays. Find the one for the TV and turn it on.

Different cards work different ways so there is no way for me to tell you the exact steps but these are the basic steps. If you only have 4 tabs in the advanced settings then you are using a third party program to manage your video card. In that case you will have to find the setting in there.

Also if your resolution is set to high for the tv to display it can cause no picture to show up. HDMI can be set high. I would guess you just need to turn on the TV in your options.

-Del