eeprom question

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by fknhstile, Oct 27, 2006.

1. fknhstile

fknhstile Member

I have screwed up my xbox and am trying to repair it, of course i did not save the eeprom but i do have the hd unlock code, my question is if I use the xboxhdm method of hotswapping method outlined here:

1. Download xboxhdm v1.9

2. Put your hdd key in the /linux/eeprom folder

3. Use mk_win_iso.bat file to create a new iso file of the xboxhdm prog and burn it to cd.

4. Boot the pc from the cd without attaching the hard disk

5. When you get to the mainmenu, attach the hard disk. Run option 3, lock/unlock tools. It will locate your hdd key and ask if you want to unlock. Type YES and enter. Your drive will now be unlocked

can I somehow use the unlock code in a text file rename it to a .bin file and use that as the eeprom.bin and somehow restore the hd to the factroy M$ dash and resoftmod that, I do have a copy of an original xbox dash?? thx in advance

2. Noamos

Noamos Regular member

I would recommend "the return" guide of hotswap and you will have all original data of the stock hdd. I have tried it and still am able to go online with softmod because I had the original eeprom file some where in the hdd and just restored it to stock. Just after your done just install softmod after yyour done.