emerson ewr20v5 combo dvd/vcr ---help

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by albert714, Jan 16, 2006.

1. albert714

albert714 Member

I have used this combo player to copy VCR to DVD, but the problem now is I cannot play the dvd which I make from this player to other DVD player. is anyone has same problem as I am too, or is anyway I can play DVD which I make from emerson ewr20v5 to other dvd player. Thank you for help

2. gear79

gear79 Guest

just out of curiousity, what media did you use to burn them too?

3. albert714

albert714 Member

I used dvd-r 8x by hp. and I tried to read it by my computer then my DVD-rom was making strange sound.

4. gear79

gear79 Guest

ok, first off, i am thinking that a vcr/dvd combo somewhere along the way has some kind of copyright protection built in... i'm not 100% sure, cuz i don't own one... whats a vcr ? lol.... j/k

anyway, the hp media you are using may also be the problem... hp media is junk, sorry to be the bearer of bad news.. but it landfill material...

buy trusted media, such as verbatim.. get the +r format and make sure the label is purple in color, it will say rated at 16x speeds with advanced AZO dye in the corner..

other then verbatim, there is also fuji.. taiyo yuden, sony, maxell... those have to say made in japan on the back label..

download a media identifier such as this to ID your media, so you know what you have...

http://www.dvdinfopro.com/ .... its also on my profile page (click my name to see the links i have as well)

anyway, you pop in the disk, open the program, hit scan disk, it will ID whats in the drive..

here is a nice list of media.. (i know confusing, but welcome to the world of dvd media)

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/155431

you should visit the 'media' forum to know whats available to you..
    every week, we post in there, who has what sale, where, when, and how much $$$ it is..

anyway the noise in your dvd-rom drive, does it make that noise all the time, or was it just that one time? could be a bad drive...

you could also hook up the vcr to the computer via a video capture card and install to your hard drivem then use a program such as nero to encode the files and transfer to a blank dvd..

i dont know how advanced you are and i am sure i am confusing you... but like i said.... welcome to the world of burning..

5. albert714

albert714 Member

Well, thank you for helping, I think there are some people have this problem too. The DVD which you make by this player cannot be play on other dvd player. it's kind of stupid player on the world.ha

6. gear79

gear79 Guest

i think its mostly due to copyright protections...

you could always just buy a video card for the PC and run the vcr to it that way... will take a while, but you at least have programs to help out..

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2006
  7. Mona5010

Mona5010 Member

I just purchased an Emerson EWR20V5, the disk that I am making will not play on anyother DVD player. Does anyone know of a way to fix this problem? I have tried using the dvd-rw, dvd+rw and now the dvd-r. The only one I could record on was the dvd-r, now I can't watch my dvds in any room but my grandchildrens. I wish I had seen this site before I bought this machine, it would still be sitting on the shelf at walmart.

8. mpwbw

mpwbw Member

The type of media used may not be the problem. All dvd recorders are set up differently and require the user to finalize the disc so that it can be accessed by other players.