Emulator Help Please!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by optikal, Oct 4, 2006.

1. optikal

optikal Member

Hi guys, i have used these tutorials you guys have up for a while now, but i am really stuck on this one....

I recently downloaded a whole bunch of Emulators and roms from Sega Master System to N64. Problem is, i want to install them onto the Xbox and even though i copy them over they won't work.

I think i may need to convert them to XBEs but i am unsure how to do this. Any help would be awesome.

Peace.
    Jon.

2. theridges

theridges Guest

the emulators used for the xbox are different than the ones used for the PC you need to go download the ones for the xbox....

3. optikal

optikal Member

KK, Thanks man.

Right, i got 'em and i copied them and roms over onto the Box. however, when i go to Apps>Nintendo the screen loads that shows each rom, but every single one of them just comes up with a black screen when i try to load them.

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

4. theridges

theridges Guest

no i dont know what could be going wrong, r the roms zipped or extracted?

5. optikal

optikal Member

extracted.

All i did was copy the roms i use for PJ64 on the pc over into the surreal roms folder. like i say, Xbox recognises them there but won't play 'em.

Is it at all possible to play them from a cd/dvd?

6. omar3333

omar3333 Regular member

it is. you'll have to change some settings though, to get surreal 64 or whatever you're using to load your roms from the D drive. you'll have to go into your TDATA or UDATA i forget which one, well one of those and in the folder whose name starts with "a64". in that folder there will be a file called surreal.ini, FTP that file over to your PC and where it says rom path change it to D. now make an XISO of all your roms, burn the XISO to a DVD and youre good to go.

P.S.
    you'll have to refresh your rom list in surreal 64 to view the roms

anyways that's what you do if youre using surreal64. otherwise i don't know what to say :p

7. theridges

theridges Guest

i keep my roms zipped also :)

8. optikal

optikal Member

Thanks for your help guys, i'll give it a shot and see what happens.