EpiPen

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by 11jstedm, Jun 16, 2007.

1. 11jstedm

11jstedm Member

I was thinking of getting ahold of an EpiPen.Im not allergic to anything but Some of my freinds parents are allergic to stuff and they have a bunch of them. This is a link to here. I was thinking if you used one on urself you would get a MAJOR adrenaline rush. And because it is a native substance to your body it probably wouldnt be to bad for you. Any thoughts on if this would work or not??

thnx,
    11jstedm

2. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

3. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@BlivetNC...are you familiar with this? I've never heard of it but I can't help but wonder if it might not be useful for me. I have a rather severe allergy to some colognes and perfumes. I doesn't happen very often but there are certain perfumes (most commonly some of the "musk" perfumes) which, after only a min or so of exposure, brings on allergy induced asthma VERY severly. I don't have asthma and never have but this allergy causes it as an allergic reaction where I'm literally gasping hard for air. I have this steroid inhaler to use when it happens as well as some oral medication to take. It doesn't happen very often (last time was probably about a year ago) but when it does, its rapid and nasty.

4. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

Gerry1
    It is used most commonly for allergic reactions, like food allergans, bee bites, insect stings and the like. I think anything respiratory would be better handled with an inhaler? Not medically qualified, but sleep with a nurse.