error 16 on a softmoded xbox....please help

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by rgjets, Feb 2, 2006.

1. rgjets

rgjets Member

i have a softmoded xbox with the auto installer deluxe 007 game save... i have the unleash x dashboard or better yet i had the unleash x dashboard...because now everytime i turn my xbox on i get the service xbox screen with a number 16 n the left hand side...can anyone please help me get my xbox up and running again...thank you all.

2. theridges

theridges Guest

well hopefully u kept the saves for 007 on there put the game back in and click remove softmod.
    also go here for me answers http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/210562
    be sure to back up your eeprom and C and E folders to your computer......

3. lilkhmer

lilkhmer Member

same here it wont even let me play a game

4. knizzle

knizzle Guest

dashboard is not properly installed, so you have no dashboard and i have no clue how to get around that but to use xboxhdm

5. theridges

theridges Guest

yea but without an eeprom or hdd key he cant use xboxhdm on his harddrive the only fix now is a modchip....

6. boobob1

boobob1 Member

yeh had the same prob. i wonder if you take the hd and hook it up to your computer and replace files would it work? hmm just a suggestion, i had the same prob but havent tried anything yet.

7. nemrod

nemrod Member

hell need to hotswap it to use xboxhdm which should fix it

8. theridges

theridges Guest

never hotswaped and without the hdd key or the eeprom how will he be able to access his hd...??

9. nemrod

nemrod Member

the drive unlocks itself on the opening screen when the green blob comes up thats when u need to switch the ide cables from xbox to pc in order for xboxhdm to work

10. theridges

theridges Guest

oohhhh didnt know that.....

11. Hellz4

Hellz4 Member

This might sound retarted but what is the IDE cable and were is it located.... I have the same problem...

12. boobob1

boobob1 Member

it is also called a ribbon cable. it plugs into the back of the hd.

[​IMG]

to get to this you are going to need two screw drivers called a torx 10 and a torx 20

Last edited: Feb 26, 2006
  13. Hellz4

Hellz4 Member

Now in order to hotswap i have to plug this IDE cable where and how? Thanx in advance

14. boobob1

boobob1 Member

these are the same cables your computer uses and in order to hook it up to your computer, ONCE YOUR COMPUTER HAS BOOTED UP you have to un plug the ide cable from the back of the hd and replace it with one in your computer (im not too good at this but something about a slave). if someone else reads this im sure they could better explain it to you. i've yet to try it on my xbox so tell us your results.

15. nemrod

nemrod Member

ok in order for it to work u have to switch the cables from the pc hdd to the xboxes hdd when the green blob comes up.ull have to leave the ide cable in the xboxes hdd up intil that point in order for it to unlock the drive ull have to time it right because u have to boot the pc and xbox perfect so that u get the xboxhdm screen when the blob comes up and the drive is unlocked in order for xboxhdm to recognize the hdd.after a few tries ull get the timing down its really not that hard.if after a few tries it doesnt work then u may have to update ur pc bios cause it doesnt work with all pc's.a word of caution hotswappin can mess up ur pc motherboard or xbox even worse than it is