Evox dash, Xecutor BIOS, Aladdin chip, no backups working!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by hockeyfrk, May 27, 2004.

1. hockeyfrk

hockeyfrk Member

Ok, here is the details.....

Evox Dashboard Build 3935
    Xecutor BIOS 4983.06 256k
    Aladdin Mod Chip

Ok, so, I installed Evox, right? So the dashboard is on there. The main reason why I got the chip is so I can make backups and store away my other ones. However, I accidentally flashed my chip with the Evox BIOS, which doesn't allow this. So I frantically searched for a new BIOS that COULD, and I found the Xecutor listed above. Please note that my chip can only hold 256k. So I have the new Xecutor BIOS flashed on my chip, but I STILL can't play backups. This is what I did. I took my original copy of a game and put it in the CD tray with the Dashboard opened. Then, I FTP'ed ALL of the files from my D: drive onto my computer. From there, I used ISOCraxtion to make an ISO of it, and I burned it on a TDK DVD-R with Stomp Record Now Max. And then I put it in my Xbox, and it didn't run through Evox. I thought this was originally a Media problem, so I burnt it on a Ritek DVD-R, which is very Samsung friendly, and it still didn't work. I also can't read my DVD movie backups, with or without the DVD plugin to my controller port. I just put in the game/movie backup, Evox reads it, and then it says Unknown...... WHAT DID I DO WRONG? Do I need to update something somewhere, and if so, where do I go for this? I need your help! Thanks.

2. lcarbutt

lcarbutt Regular member