evox.ini ? ? ?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by casdnto1, Mar 16, 2006.

1. casdnto1

casdnto1 Member

Im trying to put a bigger hd into my xbox. My xbox is allready modded, SOFTmodded to be exact. I chose UnleashedX for my modded dashboard. When I looked up on tuturials on how to put a bigger hd into my xbox, it said that I had to make a boot disc. Which has to contain bios, disk, default.xbe, eeprom, hddinfo, hddkey, and evox.ini. I have all the files besides evox.ini. I can't find it any where. Is this because I chose UnleashedX? If so, how do i take it off my xbox and install EvolutionX? I'm really trying to put a bigger hd in my box, and this is a prolem for me. Please help.

2. X4Life

X4Life Guest

You cant do that with softmod. the best thing u can do is make a TOTAL BACKUP of your stock hdd to you pc. so you will have a backup of your C and E drive (F drive if you have it)
    MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A BACKUP OF YOUR EEPROM.
    Now get Xboxhdm_1.9 and use that to creat an xbox hdd.
    on xboxhdm_1.9 you a readme file and it tells you how to use it but its very easy. (search google if you want tut wiv pictures.

ps if you want the iso file pm me and let me know the size of your new hdd

3. steimy

steimy Active member

Well since you have UnleashedX as your dashboard, and EvoX.INI is the EvoX dashboard INI file that could be why you can't find it.
    I have a chip in mine so i do not know if you can use the same process as me or not, so if someone who softmods can confirm or not.

Back up your original HDD as stated above before you do anything
    1. Get Slayer 2.6_final from a torrent site
    2. Go to the teammodders link in my sig and print the tutorial in the Xbox tutorial section on installing a HDD and formatting with Slayer
    3. follow the directions
    Slayer can format the new HDD, lock it, install all the dashboards, apps, roms, emulators and all that in just a few easy steps.
    Then enjoy never having to use the DVD for a game again, and if you know the controller reset trick you will not have to get up to switch discs to stop one and play a different one.