Evox

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by Falcon_uk, Sep 17, 2006.

1. Falcon_uk

Falcon_uk Regular member

Hi People , I am new to this scene and i hope i can learn and share info with you all. first thing i have purchased a xbox with a mod chip installed and i dont know which one it just says evox on the top left but then it drops back to the main screen so i know i have no dashboard there. o.k i have been on xbins and browsed the files and the only one that came close to what i thought i need was the evox build 3935 build and in there were the files i thought i needed , I made a iso of the files and burned them on a dvd and no luck bringing up evox just the usuall can not read disk. I am trying to make a bootable evox disk so i can ftp but having no joy , I have been trying various apps for over a week and reading this forum for tips but i am stuck now and i thought i,d ask the pros, If there is any info about my set up please ask and i will do my best to answer, thank you again for any help as i,m scratching my head now and gained a few grey hairs. Your help is very much appreciated

2. Venom5880

Venom5880 Regular member

Get AID or Slayer's, burn it to a disc using ImgBurn, and see if it works or not.

3. Falcon_uk

Falcon_uk Regular member

Thank You Venom for your reply but never heard of aid or slayers can you tell me where i can get them from, I presume they are similar to evox. ThankYou Again my freind.

4. Venom5880

Venom5880 Regular member

They're autoinstaller discs for modded Xboxs. AID is also known as Autoinstaller Deluxe 3.0 and Slayer's is well, Slayer's EvoX Autoinstaller Disc 2.6. Ideally, you should be able to just pop in the disc and have it install everything for you.

They're only available on torrent trackers as far as I know, so just try checking Mininova.org and ISOhunt for them.

5. Falcon_uk

Falcon_uk Regular member

Thank You Venom for your time and thank you for the info, I am trying to get more educated as i go along so all help is appreciated. If any one knows of the files i require i would really really appreciate your time in telling me , We all have to start somewhere lol, I will do some searching of my own and hopefully i may stumble on them but i know its very hard.
    Thank you Again

6. Falcon_uk

Falcon_uk Regular member

The other question i have is can i just have a evox boot disk just to enable me to ftp without installing on my drive as i would rather do it that way if possible.
    Thanks

7. Venom5880

Venom5880 Regular member

Slayer's Autoinstaller is a custom EvoX boot disc, so I know you can FTP if you boot using it.

AID should do it as well.

8. Falcon_uk

Falcon_uk Regular member

Thank You Very Much , If anyone can help me to get the software i need i would appreciate it Thank you Again venom

9. omar3333

omar3333 Regular member

in xbins go to the xbox auto installer section and there should be a .torrent file there for you to download. i have heard that slayers is a dead torrent but i might be wrong. check out the xbins auto installer section and see what you can find.

10. Falcon_uk

Falcon_uk Regular member

Thank you Omar , I have just read and learnt what a torrent is ive downloaded the program and run it , i,m just downloading the auto installer know , thank you all for your help , Is there anything i should be aware of when useing the auto installer or is it straight forward

thanks Again

11. Venom5880

Venom5880 Regular member

They're fairly straight forward. If you're downloading AID, I suggest reading the PDF files it comes with to avoid any problems.

12. omar3333

omar3333 Regular member

slayers also comes with a PDF file. it is pretty straight forward but you might want to backup your EEPROM when installing - there is an option for it. also, be sure to backup your gamesaves because it erases them when installing.

13. Venom5880

Venom5880 Regular member

Game saves are only erased if you format E:\.

I've used Slayer's on numerous occassions and have never had issues with game saves being deleted.

14. Falcon_uk

Falcon_uk Regular member

O.K Guys thank you very much i am now able to connect to the xbox and drag files over , Convert them and burn them , Thank You All For your Help. One little problem though maybe some one can help , I have dragged over a game called Rainbow 6 Lockdown and it took about a hour to drag accross loads and loads of files (Small Ones) I thought somthing was wrong then as usually it only takes minutes, I converted it to iso and burnt , But it boots up and hangs without giving and message, Just wondered if i,m doing somthing wrong even though 5 others have worked with no problem. Thank you All Again for Your Help And support

15. Venom5880

Venom5880 Regular member

Use Quix to transfer it.

Since you used Slayer's it probably installed Avalaunch as an application. Launch Avalaunch and use Quix to transfer the iso file since this is the fastest method available.

Also, if you're transferring tons of small files you're either transferring a bunch of rar archives or you're transferring an extracted iso (default.xbe in the root folder, several folders visible, possibly dashupdate.xbe in root as well). If it's a bunch of rar archives, you have to extract it first using WinRAR, which should give you an iso file ready to transfer or burn.

16. Falcon_uk

Falcon_uk Regular member

Thanks venom , I have got hold of quix but is there a user guide out there anywhere just to explain what to do with this program , Do you use this after you have dragged all the files from the xbox, sorry To be A Pain i will have a search now for it, Thanks

17. Venom5880

Venom5880 Regular member

18. Falcon_uk

Falcon_uk Regular member

Tnank you Venom I have found the user guide and its quite easy to follow , i have got the xbox connecting to quix but one thing puzzles me as follows

Browse to the XBMC folder. Note: Most releases will have a couple folders when unpacked, usually the core components will be in a folder labeled XBMC. Highlight it and click ok.

Where am i looking for xbmc , Is it on the game disk or should it be on the copy of slayers evox somewhere , Bear in mind i have a bootable version of slayers and not installed on my hard drive on the xbox.

Thank you Again My freind for all your help it is much appreciated

19. Venom5880

Venom5880 Regular member

Sorry, but I'm not quite sure what you're talking about.

XBMC is a large application that consists of tons of smaller files and folders. Since you used Slayer's, XBMC is probably installed to E:\apps\XBMC.

What are you trying to do anyway?

20. Falcon_uk

Falcon_uk Regular member

Thanks venom I am Trying to follow the guide on http://jansforums.jconserv.net/viewtopic.php?t=31 But I,m having difficulty understanding the the section "Browse to the XBMC folder. Note: Most releases will have a couple folders when unpacked, usually the core components will be in a folder labeled XBMC. Highlight it and click ok" , I think after reading bits today i have to install slayers evox to my H/D which i didn,t want to do , Hopes this helps understand my problem. Like i say the game i tried to drag accross took about a hour and when i converted it to iso it just hung.
    I presume xmbc stands for xbox multimedia centre and that relates to slayers evox , I might be a million miles away, Thanks Again My Freind , i,m getting there slowly LOL

Thanks Again