files play when FTP but not from disc

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by icesoul, Oct 14, 2006.

1. icesoul

icesoul Member

I have had an odd time backing up games. If i burn the iso to disc (using decryptor) it burns great no issues. when i put it in the box will read unknown, game, data, iso etc etc. some games will play fine some will load the first few screens then lock but if i FTP the ones that wont work they play from the xbox HDD. i have the phillips drive and using verbatim dvd-r. creating the iso with craxation. any ideas? 2 out of maybe 10 disc's play, most lock some wont even show a game or files on the disc while in the xbox.

2. Venom5880

Venom5880 Regular member

3. evocre8r

evocre8r Member

What speed are you burning the files at. It seems to work best if you burn it at the slowest speed that your burner can do. The media brand also has a lot to do with it.

4. icesoul

icesoul Member

im using verbatim disk's and the slowest speed possible, some take 15-30 minutes to burn lol. i just made a backup last night, FTP'd the game directly from the disc to the PC, the size matched so i knew it was okay. i FTP'd the files back to the XBOX it plays fine there are some sound files missing but it plays fine. however i tried to create the iso file with quix which went fine. put the disc in and it read unknown. Im lost. im starting to wonder if it is the xbox itself... im going to search for the 'unknown' disc error and see what i get. the xbox doesnt detect the files on cd either. :(